Friday, November 19, 2010

Haunted Tree


Tree Silhouette 1, originally uploaded by William 74.

My aunt and uncle have a farm in Wisconsin, and we often spend holidays there. I always make sure to bring my camera and go off for a while-usually while everyone's sleeping in front of the football game-and take some photos.

The driveway for the farm is about a mile long or so, bordered by corn fields that are usually bare when I'm visiting. But one constant is a stand of long-dead elm trees, down near the end of the driveway. They've been there as long as I can remember, and I've taken several photos of them down through the years. Every year they look a little more ragged, a little more like the scary trees in a haunted wood from some long-forgotten fairy tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment