Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Through the Lens


Through the Lens, originally uploaded by William 74.

Ever wonder what it would look like if a vintage interurban trolley car was taking your photograph? Now you know! Sort of a reverse TtV thing-the back of the camera is open and the shutter is open. I forget how I came up with this idea-probably just sitting in front of the teevee goofing around with an old film camera. Anyway I thought it was an idea worth pursuing-I've taken a few shots this way. It suits things that are really large-like trains.

The camera is actually my very first one-a Pentax K1000 that I bought at Service Merchandise in, like 1990. It got dropped and broken about a year later, and rather than fix it I bought a used K1000 (that I used up until 200-something) and put this one in a drawer somewhere. I rediscovered it a few years ago and thought it was a good candidate for this idea, so I.....(sensitive readers should stop reading now) ....cut the back of it off with a pair of tin snips.

No comments:

Post a Comment