Friday, January 7, 2011

The Seven Dwarfs


The Seven Dwarfs, originally uploaded by William 74.
The Seven Dwarfs is a restaurant in Wheaton, Illinois. I remember driving past this a lot when I was younger, but I don't think we ever ate there. It's been around for yonks, and is a typical sort of dive diner except for the Snow White themed murals on the walls. And this excellent sign out front.

When I shot this the sign was in pretty poor shape-paint peeling, neon out, just generally shabby (the dwarf's arm is animated, but only one worked on each side, blinking on and off). But I went by recently and the sign seems to have been repainted, and more of the neon works! I bet it'll work even better once it warms up again (something I've noticed about old neon signs is that they are sometimes half out when it's very cold).

Edited to correct links.

No comments:

Post a Comment