Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Through the Viewfinder Tuesday!


Be Specific, originally uploaded by William 74.
I missed last week, so to make it up to you here's a brand new-ish image! This is the lead unit of a Union Pacific freight train, heading west towards Omaha. There's nothing really special about the subject-I've shot loads of similar photos of similar yellow UP locomotives, and a front threequarters view is pretty much the default for railroad photography. However, this is the very first time I've tried using my TtV setup to shoot a moving train-the awkwardness of a typical contraption, combined with the reversed view, has always put me off. But I seem to have gotten some good results with it, so I'll probably continue with it. Plus, I like the vintage feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment