Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Red Barn Blues


Don't Fence Me In, originally uploaded by William 74.

Another day, another careworn barn. I hesitate to say this is an abandoned property, though, as it's close to the road and there are a few other buildings in the area that are clearly still in use. I didn't go any closer than this, so I have no idea if there's anything inside. I also have no idea where it is-I think it's somewhere near Dixon, Illinois, but I'm not really sure.

I do enjoy photographing barns and other rural buildings, though. I think there's something both peaceful and dignified about a wooden barn, even as it's slowly shedding paint and being hidden by weeds.

I also think that "Red Barn Blues" would be an awesome name for a song.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting, the angle from which you shot this, in addition to the fun effect with the barbed wire, gives it a little bit of an ominous feel and a touch of tension to it- which I actually really like. The sky has just a hint of greyness to it just adds to that feeling. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete