Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Home Of Good Neighbors

Smallville by William 74
Smallville, a photo by William 74 on Flickr.
So, some of you have probably heard about the new Superman movie that's currently in production and which goes by the secret name of Autumn Frost. It's been filming sort of near me, out in the country. The town of Plano, Illinois doubled as Smallville for the film.

I didn't even know that they were going to film in Plano when I took this. I'd gone out that way for something else, and took a detour down Plano's main street and things looked....odd. A new gas station was on the corner. There was a Sears. A row of buildings in what was a parking lot-badly damaged buildings at that. I figured it out pretty quickly, when I noticed a bunch of "Smallville" signs here and there.

This is on the front door of Plano's historic train station, which masqueraded as Smallville's town hall for the filming.

Smallville Town Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment