Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chicago Railroad Signal and Supply Co.

One of those "I happened to look down" deals. I was at the Illinois Railway Museum, which, like many such institutions, maintains a boneyard for spare bits and pieces. The IRM's is neatly arranged and not overgrown, and has a lot of old signal equipment that's been salvaged from various roads as they upgrade equipment.

This is one such piece, a vintage piece of...signal equipment. I really have no idea what it is, only that I'd never heard of this manufacturer, it had an attractive logo, and was made in Chicago. I particularly like this last bit, partially because I'm from the Windy City, and partially because it reminds me of how much industry was scattered throughout the country.

I should really go back and shoot the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment